Getting a healthy, hearty meal on the table after a busy work day can sometimes be a challenge. Combining protein-rich beef with nutritious vegetables, this slow cooker recipe helps you do it simply with savory results.
Farmers assure the health of their animals and the meat you eat by following tight restrictions on the use of antibiotics with farm animals. Antibiotics can treat and prevent infections so animals stay healthy and produce good meat and dairy products. Licensed veterinarians supervise their use. If an animal receives antibiotics, the meat, milk or eggs from that animal cannot enter the food supply until the medicine has fully passed through its system.
Farmers care about the health of their animals, just like you care about the health of your family. For more tasty and nutritious dinner options, check out www.hy-vee.com/meal-solutions.
After Work Beef Pot Roast Dinner
- 2 large onions each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cloves Garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoons Italian dressing mix
- 2 pound beef chuck roast boneless
- 2 medium red bell peppers cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 medium zucchini cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 1/12 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place onions and garlic in 4-1/2- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Press Italian dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Add roast, bell peppers and 1/2 cup water to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours.
- Add zucchini and continue to cook, covered, 30 minutes or until zucchini is fork tender. Remove roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid and reserve, skimming fat from liquid. Dissolve cornstarch into 2 tablespoons water. Combine 2 cups reserved cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in a medium pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Serve gravy over roast and vegetables.