If you’re craving fresh, zesty tacos for your next fiesta, these Five-Step Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos fit the bill. Use taco seasoning to spice up the shrimp, and top them off with a zesty chipotle lime crema for added kick. The sour cream offsets the chipotle chili powder, giving this fresh, simple dish a hint of indulgence in just five steps.
Not a fan of shrimp? This recipe would also be delicious with any kind of whitefish, like cod, trout or walleye. Eating fish is not only healthy and delicious, it’s also getting more sustainable thanks to a company based right here in South Dakota. Brookings-based Prairie AquaTech uses soybeans to create protein-dense pellets to feed farm-raised fish. These soybean pellets are more environmentally-friendly than typical fish food, which is made from anchovies or haddock. Being sustainable means finding ways to have less impact on the land and water, while raising safe and healthy food.
Get your fiesta on by watching the video below for a step-by-step tutorial and then learn about other sustainable foods grown and raised in South Dakota by reading this.
Hungry for Truth is an initiative about food and farming funded by the South Dakota soybean checkoff. The goal is to connect South Dakotans with the farmers who grow and raise their food.
Five-Step Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos
Lime Crema + Shrimp
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup Water
- 6 tortillas
- cabbage finely shredded
- Pico de Gallo
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Chipotle lime crema: In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lime juice and chipotle chili powder. Add to a resealable bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the shrimp: Heat a large skillet with 2 teaspoons olive oil to medium heat. Add shrimp, taco seasoning and water. Cook until opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Prep the tortillas: Heat tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Build the tacos: Add the shrimp, shredded cabbage, avocado and Pico de Gallo
- Garnish: Squeeze the fresh lime over the top and drizzle on the chipotle lime crema. Top with cilantro and enjoy!