At the end of a busy day, you deserve a sweet treat the whole family will enjoy. Making homemade popsicles is a creative way to get everyone involved in dessert. Speaking of family time, did you know 97 percent of South Dakota farms are family-owned? There’s nothing better than spending time together growing safe and healthy food and then enjoying a homemade popsicle.
We love this berry lemonade popsicle recipe because you skip the concentrate and create your own lemonade simple syrup from scratch. Watch our step-by-step video to find out how.
Looking for more frozen treats? Try these decadent salted caramel ice cream sandwiches.
Hungry for Truth® is an initiative about food and farming funded by the South Dakota soybean checkoff. The goal is to connect South Dakotans with the farmers who grow and raise their food.
Homemade Berry Lemonade Popsicles
- 2 cups Lemon Juice fresh squeezed
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Water for boiling
- 1 gallon Water
- Boil 2 cups of water, add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix simple syrup with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Combine simple syrup with 1 gallon of water. Mix well.
- Fill popsicle mold with blueberries and blackberries.
- Pour lemonade into each mold. Place popsicle stick on top.
- Place into freezer for 24 hours. Enjoy!