Warm weather means officially firing up the grill and inviting friends and family over for BBQs! This tasty recipe combines savory beef flavors with your choice of fresh, seasonal ingredients. In collaboration with South Dakota Beef Industry Council for National Beef Month, grab your favorite cut of steak, an assortment of vegetables, and try this recipe for Hoisin BBQ Beef Kabobs with Pineapple Salsa recipe from Beef – It’s What’s For Dinner, which only takes a few simple steps.
This easy, yet delicious recipe takes about 10 minutes of prep time and only needs about 7 – 9 minutes on the grill or broiled in the oven. Pair these steak kabobs with your favorite seasonal veggies and some fresh pineapple salsa. For an easy side dish, serve the pineapple salsa with tortilla chips to keep all your guests happy and wanting more!
Watch the recipe video to see the full list of ingredients and how to cook for the best result.
HOISIN BBQ KABOBS WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA
- 1-1/4 lbs Beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless cut 1 inch thick
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 pinch Salt (optional)
- 1 cup Fresh pineapple diced
- 1/2 cup Hothouse cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar (optional)
- Combine Pineapple Salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine ketchup and hoisin sauce in another small bowl; set aside. Cut beef Top Sirloin Steak into 1-inch pieces. Thread beef pieces evenly onto four 10 to 12-inch metal skewers. Season kabobs evenly with pepper.
- Place kabobs on a rack in a broiler pan so the surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush beef generously with some of the reserved sauce mixture. Broil 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce mixture. Season beef with salt, if desired. Serve kabobs topped with Pineapple Salsa.