When it comes to adulting, the days can get pretty hectic. Make sure you carve out time to slow down and enjoy life with a satisfying side of Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie. This rich concoction delivers the sweet flavor you crave, one cool and creamy bite at a time. It’s perfect to share with girlfriends, kiddos or even to sneak as a snack before bed. (We promise not to tell.)
No matter how you slice it, South Dakotans have it pretty easy when it comes to finding fresh, healthy and local dairy foods straight from the farm. In fact, with 117,000 dairy cows that eat 31,000 tons of soybean meal each year in our great state, it’s possible that the milk you purchase to accompany this pie is entirely home grown. How great is that?
So chill out and enjoy some strawberry cream pie tonight. The full recipe plus video instructions are below. Best of all, it comes together in just 40 minutes, but requires at least three hours to cool. That’s just the right amount of time to grab your favorite beverages and read about how locally owned Dimock Dairy creates its mouthwatering cheeses. You can thank us later.
Hungry for Truth is an initiative about food and farming funded by the South Dakota soybean checkoff. The goal is to connect South Dakotans with the farmers who grow and raise their food.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 10 sheets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Filling and Topping
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 cups fresh strawberries halved
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam heated slightly to thin out
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Dump the mixture into a 9 1/2-inch pie plate. Press it into the bottom and little more than halfway up the sides of the pie dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden and fragrant.
- Set aside to cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- While beating, slowly add sweetened condensed milk and then vanilla extract.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Pour into the cooled crust, tightly cover and refrigerate until firm. At least 3 hours up to overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and jam/preserves.
- Place strawberries on top of the pie.